Disaster Resilient Universities
Disaster Resilient UniversitiesTM (DRU) Network
The mission of the Disaster Resilient UniversitiesTM (DRU) network is to facilitate open communication, discussion, and resource sharing between university/college emergency management practitioners charged with making our campuses more disaster resilient. The goal of the DRU network is to provide a simple resource that can increased communication, coordination, and collaboration between universities around the world that can be used to increase the capacity of our campuses to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, continue operations during, and recover from natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other human-caused crises or disasters.
- The DRU listserv is intended for university and/or college emergency management professionals to share information and engage in discussions and dialogues related to the profession and emerging issues around campus emergency management. The DRU Listserv is hosted by the University of Oregon Emergency Management Program. The listserv manager is Andre Le Duc.
- DRU Affiliate Members Policy
- Subscribe, unsubscribe, or get the information file for DRU
- The DRU Listserv Archive catalogues previous listserv communications so that individuals can quickly search for information that might have already been asked or contributed on the listserv. The DRU listserv started in Jan 2005 unfortunately; the archive does not have the full history of the list. The archive only goes back to Oct 11, 2007. The archive is password protected and hosted on the University of Oregon web server. The password is provide when you sign-up for the listserv. The archive is managed by Andre Le Duc.
- Accessible at: http://www.uoregon.edu/~uodru/dru/
- Shared resources for the DRU network through "First Responder Communities of Practice" . Communities of Practice is a professional networking, collaboration and communication platform.Created by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Science & Technology Directorate. This vetted community of members focuses on emergency preparedness, response, recovery and other homeland security issues.
A Disaster Resilient UniversitiesTM (DRU) group has been established for university and/or college emergency management professionals to share information, technical resources (such as templates or examples, After Action reports, lessons learned, and best practices or case studies) and engage in discussions and dialogues related to the profession and emerging issues around campus emergency management.
On First Responder Communities of Practice you can also:
- Join Communities that interest you
- Collaborate on wikis, blogs and discussion boards
- Find, share and store documents and best practices
- Create and search profiles
- Connect, chat, and email with other professionals
Who Can Join?
- First responders
- Members of the following groups, if engaged in homeland security:
- Government employees
- Government-sponsored academic professionals, contractors, and citizens
Emergency Assistance Banner
For emergency assistance call 911. For non-emergency assistance on campus call 541-346-2919. More Contacts »